Hair wigs are considered as important hair accessory these days. You can find stylish and trendy wigs in shopping malls, salons, TV shows and boutiques. Seeing various types of wigs is really a banquet to the eyes. There are many reasons why women prefer to wear hair wigs.
Some wear wigs Toronto to get a new look. Others may have undergone therapy or are suffering from extreme hair loss so they need to wear wigs.
Hair wigs don’t look synthetic or artificial; they actually look like real hair! You can style your wigs according to your choice and requirement. If you want to change the way they look, you can easily style them, cut them or color them just the way you like it. The life of your wig completely depends upon how it is taken care of.
If hair wigs in Canada are properly styled, shampooed and conditioned, they can definitely last for a long time.
Here are few cool facts about wigs:
- The word “wig” comes from an English word “periwig”, type of a wig worn by aristocrats, barristers and judges. People use the term “wig” around 1675.
- In the Oxford English Dictionary, the term “wig” is defined as a “small cake made from fine flour”.
- Wigs have been used since ancient times. Ancient Egyptians wore human hair wigs to protect their shaved or bald heads.
- Queen Elizabeth I is not only known for establishing an English Protestant church, but also for owning 150 wigs at same time.
- Mozart is one of the best known composers of the Classical era. She wore wigs due to the deformity of his left year.
- In the past, aristocrats and important officials were required to wear hair wigs. Bigger and better wigs! So the term “bigwig” originated.
- In the year 1765, all wig manufacturers signed a petition and demanded for George III, the King of Great Britain and Ireland at the time, to make it a law for certain professions to wear human hair wigs. Unfortunately, as the wig manufacturers themselves did not wear hair wigs, they were beaten and shaved by bystanders.
- Government officials in Britain and other Commonwealth nations wear wigs to show respect towards their offices.
- Orthodox Jewish women are shaved after they get married and must wear wigs.
- The most expensive wig ever sold at an auction was the one that belonged to a famous painter and filmmaker, Andy Warhol, best known for his pop art paintings of numerous celebrities such as Merilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor. Beyonce, Tyra Banks, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are just few celebrities known for wearing wigs in public.